Tuesday 10 July 2007

Live Earth Favourites




OK, I watched Live Earth on cable and enjoyed many of the performances across the world. I'll be honest - I did fall asleep on some of the newer big name performances. Some of the newer big acts (no names to be mentioned) sound good on your MTV, radio and MP3s but generally are not so good in a live performance.

This post is for 2 of the performances that really caught my attention.
My favourite performance was a song called "From Little Things Big Things Grow", sung in the Australian Live Earth by Paul Kelly, Missy Higgins, Tim Conway and John Butler. This song stuck in my head long after all the other performances. One thing I have to say, Missy Higgins is sooo cute in this song. I just loved this performance and would reccommend you all have a look at this video if you missed it:





The concert in Japan featured a band called Rize. WOW, these guys rocked big time. I thought they were going to be just another wanna be metallic/hard rock band but they totally held their own. My mum actually watched the entire performance which suprised me and just shows how well they captured the attention of the audience. The US singers performances at the Live Earth Japan afterwards felt extremely lackluster and Xzibit for example did not come even close to the audience reaction that Rize got.

Check out the performance by Rize here - do watch the entire performance to see how good they were:

No comments: